Ok, Jen here. So when I was hurrying off to work the other day somehthing tragic happened to my blessed beautiful feet. More just my right foot, (the more critical of the pair). I was walking by the bubbling brook that greets us as we walk to work every morning and as always it distracts me for a moment. It is so simple and serene! But as I passed it, I realized "Gee, I may be late for work" so I pick up my pace. While I was power walking, I scramble through my purse to find my phone for the time, so I can pace myself accordingly. As I was looking at the communication device, walking with a spring in my step, I was completely unaware of the danger that lay before me. The sidewalk, about halfway down the block between 11, and 10 avenue, was elevated about an inch and a half! Seriously, it's like I was in the valley looking up a cliff! So being distracted, I full on kick the ledge and proceed into a running trip. I almost fell on my face, but since my reflexes are like a tiger, I managed to keep my balance! But I had no time to stop and laugh at the situation.. I had to get to work! So as I picked up my pace, I looked down at my toe to check out my battlescar and I see this huge hunk of skin flapping in the wind! It was so disgusting! But I couldn't stop and check out the damage, afterall, this happened only a block and a half away from home, and work was another six blocks away! So long story short.. don't wear flip flops to work!
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment